Falcon Aviation 1/3 Scale Fournier.

daveyboy

Advert

In reply to the earlier post , i dont know how it compares to the mick reeves version. This uses the latest technology laser cut parts which are a perfect fit, quite a simple build for the main fuselage frame.Spruce stringers are supplied in one piece which will be great when we get to the wings. Power plant will be a 35cc petrol engine which should pull it through some scale aerobatics nicely. Any questions please ask ?.

Hi John point taken and thanks for the advice, so here is basically what you get for your money. superb laser cut ply which unlike some suppliers does not distort if left out of mask overnight. All parts are supplied in a neat box all have been taken out of their masks, neatly taped together and clearly identified.I don't intend to be critical of the kit in any shape or form, that is for yourselves to judge. So first few pictures are of the contents of the kit.001.jpg

Build started so just follow the basic instructions.This kit is aimed at the experienced modeller so instructions are brief with reference to the plan for more info. Here i have assembled the main parts dry , yes they are a perfect fit and i used a small block of MDF just to knock the joints tight with small taps.011.jpg

So we now join the two halfs together, the plans are not to scale but are good reference points. I marked a large piece of card with the former dimensions along the centre line,this was backed up with aline straight down the centre of the fuselage. I must say the parts are very accurate and very little adjustment needed. My addition was two small light ply supports across the back of the joints.018.jpg

Last part of the fuselage till moving onto wings, add all the remaining spruce stringers ensuring the fuselage remains true.The weight of the fuselage at this point is 87g. I must point out that this is version two which included mods to the fuselage and the instructions show version one. Not an issue for a modeller with some experience. This has produced a sturdy light weight construction.002.jpg

Very nice indeed Dave - I know a Mod who lives not to far from me who will also be drooling as we both have a thing about RF4s. I shouldn't be surprised if Pete B (ooops I didn't mean to say his name !) isn't sliding a knife into his piggy bank's slot and rifling out coins as I write! LOL!

Signed up to follow this build.

Terry

Edited By Terry Walters on 27/01/2016 13:42:29

Question?,

Which power plant will i fit,well Richard recommends a Zenoah 38 which is quite old technology. I will fit a 35cc rear exhast probably a DLE35ra or Evolution 33cc both produce about 18lb of thrust which will be great for scale aerobatics. Version one Fourniers came out between 13-14lb,my ail is sub 12lb,we will see. Richard flys his with electric.