Falcon Aviation 1/3 Scale Fournier.

daveyboy

Hello,

Apologies again for a delay, but families and work take up a fair bit of time.

So moving on all areas sheeted and canopy and deck fitted ( needs securing) if you take on this project be sure you like sheeting or know somebody who does.Roughly sanded and all leading/trailing edges shaped.009.jpg

Those with a sharp eye there is a gap between the canopy and fuz but when secured that will not be there.All in all a great short kit and after 30yrs of modelling i would say probably the best laser /router cutting on the market. However the canopy and especially cowl let it down a little. The cowl i have spent 4-hrs flatting back and filling and spraying and flatting back to achieve a reasonable result.

The canopy is good quality but far from perfect.Be ok in the sky.014.jpg

Nice model and build. I know what your saying about the cowling. I have a Falcon Aviation EuroBat that's a few years old now. Great flyer and a good artf kit apart from the cowling . That was utter rubbish and went straight in the bin. It had 2 to 3 mm thick gel coat in places that was as brittle as glass ,totally out of shape and cracked . I never did cowl it and have the engine sitting in the breeze. Good luck with rest of the build.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 05/09/2016 14:08:33

• 2 months later...