Hobbyking - Free gift!

Geoff S

I ordered some stuff from the HK International warehouse a couple of weeks ago. Just a Frsky X8R (non EU) and, to make it worthwhile, some servo wire, connector shells and pins/sockets. That would make quite a small Jiffybag's worth. Imagine my surprise when a huge parcel arrived about an hour ago from Hong Kong - a cardboard tube over 2 feet long and 4" in diameter.

Inside was, as expected, my receiver and servo wire etc but the majority of the package was taken up by my free gift - and it was labelled as such, so no mistake. What is it? It's a 24x12 wooden Turnigy propeller! It's huge! My biggest engines are a Zenoah 26 (18x8 prop) and a 30cc Mackay (20x6?) and I can't see my ever getting anything bigger so this prop is useless ... but free yes I'm sure someone at the club will like it anyway. I just wish they'd sent a few electric props I might just be able to make use of.

I'm glad I didn't have to go to pick it up at the post office because I would have gone on my bike and wouldn't have been able to get it in my rack pack.

Geoff

Advert

So cynical, kc

I did check my order status at HK and it shows the Turnigy cherry wood propeller 24x12 as zero cost and my PayPal account I use for most on-line purchases shows the cost of just what I ordered so it really is a free gift - useless as it is to me.

Has anyone else benefited from HK's generosity?

Geoff

I have also just received a package which contained a "free gift". Ordered 2 generic frksy rx's to try out and about a week ago and very impressed with how quickly it arrived from HK.

Now about the free gift. I have absolutely no idea what it is. It is a plastic fluted object about 25mm long and 20mm in diameter at one end tapering to about 15mm at the other end. The bottom? is flat with a hole in it. The inner top? surface has a ridge presumably to mate with something else. All in all a really useful piece of kit?

Rob

Geoff,

I sold something items recently and when one parcel didn't arrive, the courier discovered I had put the same address on two parcels (I blame my printer...embarrassed). Fortunately when I contacted the person who had received the errant parcel, he still had it and was willing to put a new address label on it so it could reach its rightful destination.

Maybe if you tell Hobbyking, about your new found prop, they might arrange for it to be forwarded to who ever it should have gone to, and give you some credit towards stuff that is of use.

Robin: There was actually a label inside the parcel stating that "this item is free. We'd love a like" (actually it's a bag but one too small for the prop). Plus it's on my order record at HK and shown as zero cost so I don't think it's a mistake. The props are only about £7.00 at the International Warehouse which surprised me. Menz wooden props are much more than that for props that big.

Geoff

Hobbyking (Aussie warehouse) sent me an ASP 46 when I had ordered and paid for a 25. The increase in engine size certainly wasn't free as I already had the plane for the 25 well underway and still had to get another 25. Then felt the need to build one for the 46 as well, a Maricardo which is well underway in the garage.

I was picking up my HK order from the International warehouse in Hong Kong (like you do!) when I was told that they had a free gift for me... I was expecting some stickers or such like but he returned with a huge box containing one of these. It was the kit version but I wondered if it might be suitable for PSS.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 29/01/2016 06:37:38