Hobby King rotary cutter...cuts iron on film

Advert

Well - yes and no. I have not used that exact model of rotary cutter, but I regularly use one to cut fabric. (I make some of my own clothes as well as the odd windsock and wing bag and suchlike.)

PROs

They can cut a good clean line and it is very quick and easy to use.

BUT.

They are very sharp, and need care in use. Always retract the blade when not in use.

You always need to use a cutting mat.

You need to be very careful to care for the cutting edge of the blade. If you roll over anything metallic you will notch the blade and it will perforate instead of cutting.

As far as the price is concerned - it does seem cheap compared to other ones I have seen and used.

Plummet

Edited By Plummet on 27/01/2016 17:14:13

It looks like a copy of the Olafa rotary cutter design; our LMS, when it was still open, used an Olfa OP-1 to cut covering from the roll; it cut really clean lines and he said he'd had it for years and never replaced the blade; sadly, they don't appear to be available in the UK and Olfa weren't terribly helpful in advising me where I could buy one.

Posted by Martin Whybrow on 27/01/2016 18:42:22:

It looks like a copy of the Olafa rotary cutter design; our LMS, when it was still open, used an Olfa OP-1 to cut covering from the roll; it cut really clean lines and he said he'd had it for years and never replaced the blade; sadly, they don't appear to be available in the UK and Olfa weren't terribly helpful in advising me where I could buy one.

The ones I have used (see above) have been Ol(a)fa. Have a look in needlework shops or craft shops. If you are lucky enough to live near a Boyes department store then they sell them.

Plummet