Need a bit of help with YouTube

Adrian Smith 1

I have just got round at last to opening an account/channel with YouTube. All is well until I try and upload a couple of short videos (6-7 minutes). the website goes into processing mode but the message pops up after a couple of minutes say that it's taking longer than expected and the clip is put in a queue for later, what ever that entails. I have left it like this for 50 minutes or so but processing stays at 0%.

The clips are in AVI video format with a 1280x720 resolution and come from my PC's video album.

Is it a question of clip format or something else. My internet connection is not bad for Suffolk around 6-8. Any ideas?

Advert

Hi mate , on the upload page o the right you should see a "publish" button. Click on that then you should go to another page and see published videos. Obviously yours won't be uploaded but refresh that page and it should kick in a refresh and start uploading. Let me know how you get on ?

Tony

AVI is supported by YouTube but I had similar problems with it when I started a few years ago. YouTube isn't always great at detecting bad formats and I have had same result as you in the past. I use MP4 1080P 50FPS and the file sizes are rarely over 1.2GB so I can upload in about 15 mins. Processing takes about 10 mins for me. Can your video album export in any other format? You may need to buy a format converter or get a screen capture tool such as FRAPS (while playing the AVI vid) to generate a new file in a different format if this is the problem.