St. Agnes Head wind speeds

Advert

Fortunately the direction looks OK here, I'm just worried about driving 40 minutes for no lift. I guess I could find a field or beach that isn't national trust land and break out some powered flying, but I can do that at home

Edited By Simon B on 21/03/2016 23:27:27

That happened to me when I went to Cornwall for a week last April. Then we had very light north easterlies, so Staggies was the only flying venue for me with a wind direction like that, and I don't fly powered either. I did manage to fly the Wildthing but there was only just enough air to keep her airbourne.

When I went down to St. Ives I ended up flying my Libelle DLG.

Steve

A470soaring

25mph....that's a light breeze! Mate and I gave up at Perransands once as it gusted to 50mph.

When flying off don't fly too far behind you. The lift will disappear and you will be in for a long walk to find it or apologising to a Sunday walker whilst picking the individual up off the ground. Spend most of the time practicing landing approaches

I did it. Nerve racking, but someone else kindly gave me a launch and my tatty Durably P51 ascended to the clouds. I was too scared to try my Ask21 so figured something I'd be willing to lose was safer. The wind was blowing me backwards, but it coped admirably. Came a bit further back than intended but nowhere near other people and still with lift. Only had one flight but it was worth it. Will try it again soon with something less draggy. Top stuff.