Spektrum Rx price hike???

mightypeesh

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 17/01/2017 10:09:10:

Well, that's it now - I'm selling all my FrSky stuff - I'm only in it for the cheap receivers. I mean £30 for an S-bus equiped, full telemetry, 16 channel receiver - I never did! smile p

BEB

You should be pleased price has increased..."you get what you pay for" so they'll work better now wink

John

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 17/01/2017 10:09:10:

Well, that's it now - I'm selling all my FrSky stuff - I'm only in it for the cheap receivers. I mean £30 for an S-bus equiped, full telemetry, 16 channel receiver - I never did! smile p

BEB

Quite right to sell them. If you want cheap receivers that work really well, have you heard of FrSky?

They do a 6 channel receiver I mean £26 for an S-bus equipped, full telemetry, with extension to a 16 channel receiver and a built in flight stabiliser.

The thread seems to have focussed on Compatables and clones for Spektrum. Frsky has been mentioned for good value so the next question is ... Has anyone had any experience using the multi protocol Frsky receiver on Futaba Fhss. Nearly half the price.

I am not totally convinced that difficulties that have occaissionly experienced with compatables are anything to do with quality or price. Back in the days when life was not just potential flying sessions I occaissionaly had nightmare scenarios when two compatable high quality bits of kit were operating at different ends of their tolerance range

I suppose the issue that does make full price receivers very expensive is future comparability. In the short time that 2.4 has been on the go Futaba have had more protocols than can be remembered Spektrum have had at least three and FrSky well who knows there is a compatability thread running now and that's the latest of several. ETSI rules apart I am sure the manufactures themselves are on a self destruct course Whilst their marketing men will dream up more and more reasons why we should not be able to live without the latest transmitters with spcifications we must have the modeller will stand back and realise how much it will cost to replace all his receivers and then not bother Unless they have finally settled down you know we cannot possibly live with less than 256 model memories that's only £10k worth it receivers to change every 5 years or so Do they want it both ways I am sure that A Branded Spektrum receiver only cost the same as a clone to build maybe a pound or so but having hooked us to the brand can make their profits on the receivers However they cannot then try and sell a new TX a few years later Maybe they are relying on new customers

I agree Trevor but apart from a very few exceptions 35ppm FM was pretty compatable across all makes for 30 years. Exceptions included Sanwa which struggled to be compatable with itself sometimes. You could happily change between JR Hitec Futaba and many other makes and keep your old receivers