YT ADRENALINE COG

Steve Perry 1

Hi all
I am building a Composite YT Adreneline 68" Span built up wings.YS 110 Engine.
I am at the stage where it is finished and ready to but the COG seems out. The instructions says 145mm from LE. To achieve this I would need to add nearly a pound of lead to the nose?? Is this Correct?
Any Help on this appreciated..
Cheers
Steve.

Advert

Hi Guys

thank you for the quick replys.

I had a look at the links and it does seem I am not the first with this question.It is a bit disappointing to get to this stage of the build to find this out.

I will see if Wilson in YT might be able to help tomorrow and I will post here..

thanks again

Cheers

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MR Stones

I just saw your reply and I did laugh out loud. Very Good.

I got around to balancing the Drenny tonight and I had to add 450 Grams to get it to balance. That's as close to a Full pound as you can get. What a waste. I had to do this once before on a Pitts and on the first hard landing the firewall fell out. I hope I don't repeat myself..

Cheers

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it had its first flight.

COG was not too bad with 1LB of lead up front. Unfortunately it had an engine cut on finals and it did not make it back to the field, it landed on a ploughed field only yards from the landing strip.This resulted in the undercarriage popping off and the wheels going into the wings. All repairable.

The CANOPY BLEW OFF during the flight also so a NEW CANOPY REQUIRED if any one can help.

YT don't have one.

Cheers

Steve