7c receiver question

DIGGER

I am very new to this and this may be a silly question. I have been offered a 7c fasst tx. What receivers can I use with it, I am very confused with all the ones out there and they all look very expensive. Any help will be apreciated.

Chris

Advert

Hi,

I have stuck with Futaba for years and when the new 2.4Ghz radios became the norm i bought myself a 7c set which was fine until i needed new receivers for my models .The price of a Futaba receiver is in my Option way too high.

So i use these compatible ones from Frsky.

**LINK**

Their are a few good stockiest to chose from . T9HobbySport .BRC Hobbies.Rc Life.

To mention just a few but make sure you buy a FASST compatible .

And i have been using Frsky products for years and i can tell you they are Very good.

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 15/05/2016 14:52:58

Why start with a TX that you do not know the history of that uses a very old (if reliable) protocol with no telemetry? If you are on a budget there are better options available. A FrSky Taranis, 9XR Pro or DX6/7 would all be far better IMO, and though probably more expensive at the outset will pay for themselves over the life of the set with the additional functionality and the safety that comes with telemetry (though the DX6 does not have inbuilt signall strength and RX batt voltage telemetry in every RX like FrSky does).

Thank you for all your thoughts in some ways I agree with Matt B, although I know the person I don't know the TX, aparently he has offered it to a lot of our members and they are not interested, and after seeing what I can get from HK for a lot less with more in it, telemetry, memory, etc I think it would be best to go that route, plus the receivers are alot cheaper and with very good write ups evern though they are cheaper. The other thing I have to think about is hear in Cyprus we can't just go to our local hobby shop ,none where we live, nearest one is 2hrs drive away and a hell of a price per item, it's cheaper to buy on line and pay postage. So I have to be carefull where and what I buy. Once again thank you all.

Chris

Posted by DIGGER on 16/05/2016 13:11:17:

Thank you for all your thoughts in some ways I agree with Matt B, although I know the person I don't know the TX, aparently he has offered it to a lot of our members and they are not interested, and after seeing what I can get from HK for a lot less with more in it, telemetry, memory, etc I think it would be best to go that route, plus the receivers are alot cheaper and with very good write ups even though they are cheaper. The other thing I have to think about is hear in Cyprus we can't just go to our local hobby shop ,none where we live, nearest one is 2hrs drive away and a hell of a price per item, it's cheaper to buy on line and pay postage. So I have to be carefull where and what I buy

I would steer clear of that 7C then - if lots of others have turned him down there could well be a reason for that!

I would say the Taranis is your best bet - spares are easy to get without sending your TX round the world, and cost is very reasonable considering the huge functionality you get. Don't buy from HK though; there are plenty of dealers in the EU who can sell you an EU specification set and provide and service/spares you might need (not that anything should fail unless you drop it on switch or something).