Boring flying!

As some may know I have a penchant for building electric powered planes that fly for a long time.

With the current brilliant weather (warm, dry and little wind) in the NW of the UK I have the opportunity to fly a lot.

Two days ago it was the turn of the Depron 40" Super Cub.

Painted

With its 'operational' wing struts it can safely carry a lot of weight so I fitted an 1800mAh 2s in place of its normal 1000mAh 2s.

Launch 10:13 am

Land 11.14 am. 61 minutes!

The battery needed 1246 mAh to fully recharge so using the full 1800 would give the Super Cub a duration of 88 minutes!

This morning still brilliant so out with the Depron 40" Light Weight Tractor.

Complete painted

Light (7.8 oz) fully aerobatic and fun to fly but not really that 'nice' as it is has only marginal stability in all directions!

However it needs little power to maintain height so fully charge its tiny 850 mAh 3s.

Launch 9:11 am

Land 10 :14 am

63 minutes of quite high concentration!

Power on all the time except for the glide approach and landing.

The battery was showing 3.68V per cell so it had used most of its 850 mah hours but it was not at the LVC.

Next will be an EDF so the flight will be no more than a few minutes! wink 2

Advert

More boring flying this evening!

This was my second ever Depron build. Based on the Wing Dragon layout but increased by 50%. Very docile and easy to fly, in calm conditions it really floats about.

Complete Jun 16

With a 3000mAh LiPo and a cruising current of less than 3 A it should be able to fly for an hour and it does!

Launched this evening 17.55 hrs

Land 19.01 hrs

66 minutes and the battery was still showing 3.67V on each cell.

I now have 4 planes that have actually demonstrated hour long powered flights. wink 2