parallel charging

Afternoon, gents. Having seen a reference to parallel charging and the boards that allow such things I have splashed a tenner (don't tell the present Mrs H) on one that will allow 6 batteries to be charged simultaneously. It seems to work a treat and as I use a lot of 2200/3s packs it will cut down on the time I need to sit staring at the whole caboodle while charging is in progress. While I appreciate that I can only charge packs of the same voltage together, it is not clear from the very basic instruction sheet whether it is possible to charge packs of differing capacities together. Does anyone have an answer to my dilemma?

Many thanks in advance, David

Advert

Provided that the starting voltage of the packs is not too different, it shouldn't matter. They will be seen as one big battery. The individual cells in each battery will charge to the lowest voltage of the related cells in all the parallelled batteries' lowest cell ( if that makes sense!) assuming that you are doing a balance charge. ie all no.1 cells will be the same end voltage, all the no.2 cells will be the same end voltage and so on.

Thanks fellas. I'm about to try a mixture of 1800 and 1300 mah packs. The 2200/3s packs I charged earlier seem to have balanced better than when charged individually, but I might be imagining that. There's always something new to learn with this electrickery stuff, isn't there?

Regards, David