67" ZERO- 2016 RCM&E Autumn Special

Moved this to a new thread

Hi All.....

Well having just put a full-size replica project to bed (4-wheels this time).... it was time to bash on with the Zero....

In the last week I put some covering on and fitted the model out ready for a test flight today at Hastings....Well a beautiful summers day of low cloud, drizzle, high winds greeted me at 10am this morning. To me this is the perfect test flying weather coz if it dont work in this, it not a model for all seasons....

So with a couple of taxi runs all seeming ok, I lined her up into wind and with only 3/4 throttle she was away....ammazzzed to say i need no trim changes what so ever which has to be a first for any test flight....even in the strong wind, the model was nicely controllable and surprisingly stable....Only a small amount of nose weight was needed so hopefully, by the time the cowl and detail is added, I hope to ballast free!!!

Thanks to 4-Max for putting together a superb electric setup capable of turning a scale 3-bladed prop and giving 11lbs of thrust....so no worries if you add a couple of lbs to your build weight

Span is 67", AUW was just over 8lbs.

img_4087.jpg

img_4089.jpg

img_4091.jpg

img_4093.jpg

A 90-120 would fit nicely. If I'm doing a electric design I always design with IC in mind.... The fire wall is birch ply so suitable strong enough and placed far enough back for a 4-stroke to fit in the cowl comfortably

Here's another update with a prototype cowl and canopy test fitted....starting to take shapesmiley

img_4106.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...