Essential RC's videos

Joel Vlashof flies his scratch build VTOL prototype for the first time. A 12S flight pack powers the Scheubeler 130mm EDF system with 4 nozzles controlled by a kk2.1 flight controller with custom VTOL software. Next steps are to add the fuselage wings and achieve transition from vertical take off to flight...and hopefully back to vertical landing.

Watch until the end and you will see a link top right to subscribe to Joel's channel. He would certainly appreciate some more followers of his awesome work.

• 2 weeks later...

A highlight of many UK RC Shows is the Panic Display Team flying their radio controlled Avicraft Panic biplanes in formation in various aerobatic manoeuvres. How they don't collide is anyone's guess. Skill of the pilots and their coordination is key to them all arriving back home after a superb flying demonstration. Seen here at the Southern Model Show 2017.

At 1.7m wingspan this is one BIG foamie. Bigger is better and this Grand Tundra flies much like it's original 1.3m version from 2 years ago but in a BIGGER much more stable way. Same big Bush wheels, same big barn door flaps...but there are some awesome new enhancements. 6 part light system is one nice addition as are the turbulators on top of the wing to reduce the stall speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used the RunCam2 micro camcorder quite a bit over the years to get some great onboard shots from some of the larger models at the shows and events. Here's a first compilation of some select clips from recent projects. For this season I've got a HD 360 camera that will enable the viewer to pan the view themselves! Looking forward to trying that out on a few large scale models.

The first application of our new 360 camera. I attached it just behind the canopy of my turbine powered CARF Models UltraFlash sport jet. With its JetCat P160SX engine this jet will get to ~250mph.

This camera allows you the viewer to change the field of view both horizontally and vertically by using your pointer. Pan to the rear of the jet to see it climb out steeply or pan to the front to scorch across the strip. Enjoy !

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 08/04/2018 02:43:12