Essential RC's videos

Autumn has well and truly arrived and a fantastic 2017 flying season has ended. Despite that I still have lots of unpublished video captured at events over the few months which I will share over the coming weeks. There were some great moments over 2017. Here's a short clip compilation of some of my favourite action. Not all flying...I like to film all things RC.

The Fun Fighters are always a highlight of any Show they take part in. I've seen them at several shows this year and with Daren Graham and Mark Aubrey leading them they can't but fail to have fun and put on an entertaining flying slot for the public. These are small, fast and easy to build WW2 kits available from http://www.funfighters.co.uk. Here's a vid of these awesome models in action.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 11/10/2017 08:16:48

Simon Potter flying his superb L-39 Albatros at a Jet Modellers Association meeting at the BMFA National Visitor Centre in Buckminster, Lincolnshire. This model is decorated in the scheme of the Baltic Bees Jet Team. Simon is obviously a fan and who can blame him. If you watch videos of them performing you can see what he is trying to emulate in terms of flying style.

I edit and publish as fast as I can Tony ! Here's another...

Steve Johnson, regular UK RC Show pilot, flies his new A-10 at BMFA National Visitor Centre in Buckminster. This Skymaster A-10 is 1:6.25 scale with length 2552 mm (101.3in) and wingspan 2784mm (109.6in). Dry weight is 20kg to 22kg (45-48Lbs) and the model needs 13-15 servos. I took a bit of creative licence and added some real GAU-8 gatling gun sound as its unique to the A-10. Steve told me he intends to get a backing sound track together with A-10 live firing to compliment his aerobatic display at shows next year. Looking forward to it !

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 13/10/2017 17:25:57

The 'Ghost Squadron' give a superb demonstration of both unpowered and powered gliders at the BMFA Power Nationals 2017. The Minimoa is a classic design with its gull wings. It gets pulled up by a tug fitted with a 100cc engine. The racing glider is powered by an electric motor with a single blade propellor that is automatically deployed from within the fuselage into a vertical position before it starts up.

Luke Metcalf flying this in true scale style. Lightning by name and he flies it like Lightning. I had trouble keeping up. Full after burners and tight turns. TERRIFIC !
Span: 176 cm
Length: 284 cm
Engine: B300F turbine (320N thrust)
Built by Trond Hammerstad from Norway from the Airworld Modellbau kit. 9 litres of fuel onboard in two 4.5 litre tanks.