Essential RC's videos

Yeah. Must do that next time. Mark is a great guy. Imparts all the information if asked. I should just do it on camera.

Next vid from East Kirkby Large Model Association Show. This is a 28% scale BN-2 Islander. Designed and originally built in the UK, the full size have been in production since 1968 and still are today.

Just in case you didn't know, 'Essential RC' covers a lot more than just 'aero-modelling'.

We recently visited the Southampton stage of the Offshore Model Racing Association championship where 30cc RC powerboats battle over 20 minutes of high speed racing

RC Powerboat Action video here > **LINK**

...and also met up with the UK Tank Club at one of their events to see their highly detailed RC armoured vehicles outside in their natural environment.

RC Tank Compilation video here >  **LINK**

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 19/05/2017 15:53:43

Bravo Maestro , I gave a ''speech'' to my young FPV colleagues and showed them your works,filmings etc, because I wish someone to shoot me as I fly and landing  ..... but it does not go so easily sad .... I hope I can get somebody closer to your skills ... though I doubt it....

Cheers buddy

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 25/05/2017 12:28:14

Very kind of you to share my work Jos. I've been filming RC a long time. Has taken a lot of practice and I still think I have a lot to learn...so anyone else doing it for first time shouldn't feel bad. Just takes time to master panning, zooming, focussing and hold the cam steady ALL at the same time. Filming some top fuel and rocket powered dragsters this weekend. I like a new challenge. Always appreciate your feedback my friend. Cheers - Dom

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 25/05/2017 12:45:02

Dom, your video led me to Google and the tragic news that Ken had passed away aged only 55. I knew him several years ago in the full size aviation world as he provided the refurbished interiors for several of the aircraft restorations I was involved in. He was known at the airfield, not surprisingly as "Ken Bones, Ken Bones, Ken Dryyyyy Bones"

I knew of course of his involvement in the model aviation world, but hadn't seen him for 10 or 12 years.

What a shame, lovely chap.

Posted by Martin Whybrow on 05/06/2017 21:26:43:

Thanks for that video Dom; I think it's fair to say there was quite a lot of emotion amongst club members and Ken's family during the Ken Bones Yak display team flight. He will be sorely missed.

RIP Ken

You're welcome Martin. Glad I could be there to capture it despite it being a sad event for everyone.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 06/06/2017 07:45:38