Electric Vulcan

Advert

I've also got some reference pics of 655 I took to create the MSFS textures I sent. Worthy of note is 655 has lost the ejector seat and radar destructor warning triangles. Almost the yellow radome attachement instructions have gone. However don't e tempted to use 558 pictures as a reference, having been fully stripped and repanted in her later years many of her markings are unique and in unique postions.

Thanks for the kind comments guys,it makes everything worthwhile,specially the ear ache I get for making a mess in the house.

I will work on plans once this one is flying, I have already cut out some parts for a 48" span version

Here is the first colour coat applied to the port wing panel, shades dont seem too bad at this stage so I dont think I will mess around with it too much

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/26299/paint003.jpg

Glenn, colours and patterns look good. Found out some history of 655. It was built in 1964 and served with 9, 101,44 and finally 50 Squadron It also served with the Cottesmore and Waddington wings when squadron IDs wheren't displayed and the aircraft were issued from a central pool. I've also found a picture of 655 taken in Singapore, Its allegdley a member of 44 Squadron but it has white undersides, full colour roundels and fin bar and a black radome. The fin has the curved top rather than the Rwr housing. There is no fin badge  so the picture is likely to have been taken in the early 70's when 655 was attached to the Waddington wing and issued to 44 sqn..

I have seen a number of different ways of bending 6mm sheet, most involving some sort of heat. Hot water or a heat gun seem to be most popular. Another method is to cover one side of the sheet in packing tape to stop it splitting before rolling over a curved surface. My favorite is to use two layers of 3mm laminated after prebending, it give a much stronger and stable tube. As with 3mm the 6mm depron bends better one way than the other as if it has grain so get the oriented right before bending