Ferrite rings with Skyrc charger !

Geoff Bradley

I've just bought a Skyrc D100 charger and am confused about the 2 ferrite rings and little plastic clips ! included in the box. I know very little about ferrite rings but would have thought one would have be attached to the mains supply cable if required and perhaps the other to the 12v supply....as for the two plastic clip ! I'm scratching my head.

Can anyone help....I should add that there is no mention of either of them in the handbook.

Advert

These ferrites can only be for the AC charging cycle, the maker must be aware of interference, possibly to other household equipment. It is irregular, in that most of our gear causes no interference.

A loop or loops are made in the output cable and the resulting ring of cable is clipped into the gutter shape of the ferrite. This interrupts any magnetic oscillations.

The spacers keep cables apart, thus avoiding induction

This is old school stuff, and maybe for countries where electrical tolerances are not as tight as our own

Any twisted or coiled cabled, will induce/cause flux/create magnetic field as current passes along it.

Very useful sometimes but problematic when the change is not required.

There is a remote chance that these objects were added to the box in error, as there is no mention of them in the manual.

Edited By Denis Watkins on 01/09/2016 12:30:26