Thorough article on repair of a crashed model

Lucas Hofman

Recently I put a model more or less straight down into the strip. Front of the fuselage shatttered until the leading edge of the wing. Since it is a long time favourite I want to repair it and I remember reading a thorough article on just that. Could it have been that it was written by Peter Miller?

However, in what issue was it?

Regards, Lucas

Advert

I have repaired four models with damaged fuselages recently. One is a Super Air I have shown on this website before, and two Weston Cougars that were going to be 'binned' by their owners. The forth plane repaired was a free Ripmax Extreme Lite I damaged last week on landing. The first three planes repaired I used thin ply to support the front cowlings which worked quite well and I am sure the fronts of the planes are much stronger-photos to follow:

pa250397.jpg

p7150069.jpg

p8150375.jpg

p8180383.jpg

p5270148.jpg

p8280398.jpg

p5280149.jpg

p5280152.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 20/09/2016 22:06:32

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 20/09/2016 22:13:55

I did not crash any of the planes I have illustrated above but of course have crashed other planes but none have been written off to date. That said I let one get too far away yesterday but managed to recover it just!

Us old aeromodellers have had plenty of building experience in the past from Veron and Keil Kraft kits plus others, and repairs to modern ARTF planes are much simpler I would suggest even without any plans!

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 21/09/2016 09:13:12