S6R receivers

Geoff S

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks Denis and Til for the advice. This project is on hold for a while, but I think I will start off by trying it on a straight aileron model (my Middle Phase) before trying it on a full house glider. This is because there are assumptions in the software which you have to work around, and so the closer I am to what is expected, the easier this will be. Once (and indeed if) I get the simple case working I can then progress to the more complex ones. My favourite assumption was that the throttle should be low on setup, which for a glider is an amusing concept, especially as I use channel 3 for a lost model beeper! Anyway, I'll write something if I make progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Devon. I've got a S6R in a multiplex blizzard glider and it works really well. I launch with it in stablisation mode and it goes out level and will climb when in lift. I calibrated it with a slight nose down attitude. With spoilerons up and stablisation on it still flies straight and level with no pitch compensation. I find the self level mode a bit of a pain to fly as you have to hold the stick inputs in or it will auto level, OK if on a momentary switch to get you out of trouble. The receiver is just behind the battery in the nose so nowhere near the c of g.

Mark.

osted by Geoff Sleath on 29/10/2016 11:11:58:

You're probably right, BEB.

Having tried reloading the firmware and not getting any better results I'm tempted to put it away in the workshop rubbish bin. Instead I'll wait for a while and shove it in a drawer and forget about it. I suppose if something seems to be too good to be true, it usually is.

I can't find anywhere to download OpenTX ver 2.2. The most recent is 2.1.9. What concerns me is that loading ver 2.2 also means finding a compatible voice file but there was no reference as to where to find such a file. Luckily I have a 'scrap' Taranis to play with (the one I repaired after my charger disaster) so I'm not in danger of messing up my main one.

Geoff

I found these videos (the first six) particularly useful. Having said that I wouldn't bother again with this receiver - the effort in my eyes isn't simply warranted.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=s6r

Edited By conrad taggart on 29/05/2019 18:34:05

Actually my problem was hardware related, Conrad. The Taranis I was using was an early one with an outdated RF board. My second Taranis bound with the SR6 without a problem. Unfortunately I lost both the receiver and the Riot to which it was fitted when I flew it into a cloud (the only one around and considerably lower than I thought!) when I was testing it in anger and flying 3 mistakes high (one mistake too high as it turned out).

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

FrSky have posted new firmware for the S6R and S8R receivers.

This fixes the problem with only some RxNums working. It also fixes a problem where SPort data from the Tx didn't "pass through" the SxR.

I've just flashed a S8R (with the FCC version) and tested with RxNums from 0 to 10, all worked. This is with an early X9D+ twhere only some RxNums worked before.

I've also used my "ChangeId" script (on erskyTx), and changed the physical ID of a FAS sensor "over the air" using this S8R. This didn't work before either, or at least changing the voltage on a Neuron ESC didn't work.

Mike

Thank-you Mike for spotting this. I've uploaded the new software into my S8R and can now bind it on channels that would not work before with my Taranis (which is the ancient X9D, without the plus). Haven't had chance to check it out for range and full functionality, but it seems to be an advance,

Devon.