Slope soaring at it's BEST :)

Advert

Slope soaring at it’s best?

Yesterday, my flying mate and I took the Zagis up the fell for, as we thought, a mornings entertainment. Second flight in, slight drizzle, nothing to worry about, it will soon stop. Mistake!  Sudden downpour drove my zagi into the gorse. After ¾ hours wet and prickly search the sodden (correct term) zagi was recovered. By now the weather had cleared. On with the game. Second mistake! Water logged transmitter decided I needed permanent full throws. Into the gorse again. Recovered but flying over for the day for me.

Still mate able to fly. Third mistake! His Zagi decides it has had enough and starts to Ignite! Frantic tearing of the Zagis innards prevented meltdown.

Called it a day!

Hot air gun to the wayward transmitter soon had it back to full operation.

Epoxy, the odd piece of balsa, a length of cable and a spot of soldering and we are both ready for the off.

Raining all day today!

Not much different to normal to be honest!

Hi All

Thanks for the nice comments, Tim and Iawnski you know your always welcome to fly with me, Just let me know when you wana come to Mid wales and I will sort something

Best Regards

Lee

Brian, Its raining aint an excuse you ask Timbo or the Iawnski crew We do it all the time even in 40+ winds, It's all part of the fun