Bind a new trans, will it need to be set up?

Rich too

Advert

Hi Rich

I don't know of any make of transmitter where the setup would be retained in the Rx.

You will have to set up again.

There may be ways to transfer settings between Spektrum transmitters that have SD card slots, but I'm not sure of the procedure or what would be compatible with what.

If you have an OpenTx transmitter such as Taranis, then transferring models to a new Taranis would be very simple using OpenTx companion on a PC.

I really don't know about other makes.

Hi Rich

The answer is yes, unfortunately. However, if you take note of all the settings in your old Tx you can then transfer them to your new Tx and you should be just about there. Do check that everything works as you intended though before you fly, including the Failsafe. All the set up info in in the Tx and not the Rx.

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 01/11/2016 13:07:33:

Hi Rich

I don't know of any make of transmitter where the setup would be retained in the Rx.

It's possible in theory to set up mixes, travels and directions on Jeti receivers but I doubt anyone would do it in practice.

What's more important in giving an accurate answer to this question is knowing which transmitters are involved...

Posted by MattyB on 01/11/2016 13:38:45:

This is another strength of OpenTX based sets - I could take a new TX and flash it with all my model setups in one go in a couple of mins. The only other task I would need to do is rebind each RX. Job done!

Same with Spekky Tx's, post 1st gen DX8 - and even then there is a conversion program available on the net. Just a matter of exporting all models on a card and importing them to the new Tx.

Pete

This is another strength of OpenTX based sets - I could take a new TX and flash it with all my model setups in one go in a couple of mins. The only other task I would need to do is rebind each RX. Job done!

Edited By MattyB on 01/11/2016 13:49:15

Sorry, but that is misleading, since you cannot take OpenTX Taranis files over to OpenTX Horus.

Quote from OpenTX instructions today - "Companion does not support Horus model editing, conversion or importing from another radio at this point, when radio type is set to Horus all file operations will be disabled."

Posted by Dave Bran on 01/11/2016 15:28:21:

Sorry, but that is misleading, since you cannot take OpenTX Taranis files over to OpenTX Horus.

Yet

BEB

Posted by Dave Bran on 01/11/2016 15:28:21:

Quote from OpenTX instructions today - "Companion does not support Horus model editing, conversion or importing from another radio at this point, when radio type is set to Horus all file operations will be disabled."

Not strictly true. The version of OpenTX for the Horus is not yet finished, and as such there is no Companion support. However, once a finished version of OpenTX is available for the Horus, then you will be able to transfer from Taranis to Horus.

Hmmm! BEB beat me by a minute.

Edited By Andy48 on 01/11/2016 15:51:00