Tactic Anylink

Garry Smith 4

hello all

I emailed Futaba's tech support to try to get some help with putting an FRsky DIY hack module into my T7CP as I'm not that gifted in knowing which wires to cut and where to solder connections, I have done a few searches but there doesn't appear to be an idiots video. Interestingly Futaba recommended I use a product called Tactic Anylink

http://www.tacticrc.com/anylink/anylink2.html

Has anyone used or is using one? Thoughts or comments please

And before someone says why don't you just buy a new transmitter, I can't afford it due to a life changing illness.

Many thanks

Garry

Advert

You need theFr-Sky  " Hack module " for this conversion the YouTube link shows a bodge with the clip in module intended for modulised transmitters. It an easy conversion with only three wires to solder . The trickiest bit is mounting the binding switch LED board to the case and fitting aerial properly to case. Don't bother with the "Any link" it only works with a few indoor models ,possibly "Flyzone" that use a budget futaba system ,probably why it was recommended. 

Posted by Percy Verance on 28/12/2016 09:53:24:

I think if I'd have been attempting anything like this, I'd have asked Mike Ridley........

Edited By Percy Verance on 28/12/2016 09:53:41

Why? Thousands of us have converted old 35MHz sets with the DIY hack modules; as long as you know where to pick up the PPM stream (easily found online for the vast majority of TXs) it generally takes longer to open up and realise the case than it does to do the soldering. Besides, these sets are pretty much worthless now anyway - if you mangle it and the conversion does not work or doesn't pass a range test nothing has been lost.