English Electric Lightning I.D please?

A friend donated this to me today as he was going to bin it but I have no idea who's design it is. My friend thinks he built it from a plan pack probably back in the late 80's early 90's. The wingspan is 44" with a fuselage length of 47", the fuselage is quite distinct in that there is a lower half to which the wing and rear decking/fin are attached.

Motor looks to be a piped Super Tiger 40 and it is well built .

Anyone got an idea?

img_1322.jpg

img_1323.jpg

img_1326.jpg

rich

Advert

Could it be a Flair Lightning, looks about the right size and vintage? Not too sure about the rear fuz, could be someone's modification. I think it was designed for PSS and Flair also did a Hawker Hunter (which flew better by all accounts). The wing was foam cored and had a flat bottomed wing section which is why I didn't buy one!

I may be totally wrong...

Piers,

I think you have nailed it, a quick google search and I found a few photos of the kit boxes which suggest a PSS and I.C conversion. I also found a period video of one in flight, looks pretty smooth in the air. I don't remember these models but I am presuming 80's by the clothes?

Thanks for the information thumbs up

lightening 1.jpg

lightening 2.jpg

Rich