Paint mixing services

pete taylor

I'm trying to have some cellulose paint colour matched in aerosol form and having difficulty finding anyone who does it. I've emailed several suppliers but had no response and my nearest supplier doesn't do cellulose.

Does anyone else have their paints mixed and supplied in aerosols or even just in tins?

Cheers, Pete

Advert

A friend had no problem getting cellulose from a car paint factor in Luton very recently and I'd assume that they would be able to put it in aerosols if required. It might be worth ringing round a few more in your area.

Otherwise, Ebay might be a possibility for example.

If you're planning on more models in the future, it might pay you to invest in a decent air brush and use mixed paint - with the price of aerosols it could pay off but beware of minimum quantities...

Edited By Martin Harris on 31/01/2017 14:16:28

Posted by Martin Harris on 31/01/2017 14:16:05:

A friend had no problem getting cellulose from a car paint factor in Luton very recently and I'd assume that they would be able to put it in aerosols if required. It might be worth ringing round a few more in your area.

Otherwise, Ebay might be a possibility for example.

If you're planning on more models in the future, it might pay you to invest in a decent air brush and use mixed paint - with the price of aerosols it could pay off but beware of minimum quantities...

Edited By Martin Harris on 31/01/2017 14:16:28

Thanks Martin. I do have an airbrush, but this is for painting into a mould before laying up and is all one colour - Matt black (actually a very, very dark violet, which is the problem.

I'll keep ringing around.

Most car paint factors do paint in aerosol but proper cellulose is not that readily available . The last cellulose I bought cost about £15 for a 1/4 liter. An aerosol is expensive now so the paint in a tin goes a lot further so isn't that expensive by comparison provided you have some spray gear. any special reason for using cellulose ?

Posted by Engine Doctor on 31/01/2017 18:03:27:

Most car paint factors do paint in aerosol but proper cellulose is not that readily available . The last cellulose I bought cost about £15 for a 1/4 liter. An aerosol is expensive now so the paint in a tin goes a lot further so isn't that expensive by comparison provided you have some spray gear. any special reason for using cellulose ?

The only reason I was looking for cellulose is that I was recommended that for painting into the mould, but as this is new to me I'm perfectly happy to take any advice.

Does anyone know if standard acrylic car paint will work used in this way?