Spitfires coming soon

Josip Vrandecic -Mes

Advert

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 03/02/2017 11:46:18:

Soon available two foamy Spitfires in a required dimension.....It's about time :

Flightline RC 1600mm Spitfire

Hobbying Avios 1450mm Spitfire

Sadly there is no UK (or EU as far as I'm aware) distributor for the 1600mm Flightline models, so you can pretty much forget that one - by the time VAT and import duty is added it would be far too expensive to bring from the US. The Hobbyking Avios one looks nice, but some of the early Avios models have had issues (retracts with no flue on the Sea Fury) and I am not sure why they have gone for the one with the desert filter - for me it spoils the lines. Still, it is nice that there are more models emerging in this size range.

Edited By MattyB on 03/02/2017 13:29:16

@Hello Mike , there are large number of RC fliers, who like to fly with a Spitfire but, no build knowledge the will to do, ,old people like me face 11, money to purchase a large Spit of balsa,CF,plywood  with an engine of 30-50 cc etc. That's why I'm thrilled with the above-mentioned offer ......teeth 2......

Cheers

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 03/02/2017 13:36:41

Wow, that Avios Spit looks impressive. I've got their 1.2m Sea Fury, which is a great flier. Yes, the u/c needed re-gluing and the scale props broke very easily (with replacements hard to find). I now fly it with a 2-blader.

It will be interesting to see how much the Spit costs - recent currency changes won't have helped. If they can keep it to around £250 I'll get one, but I'll wait for a European theatre version.

Lots of nice foamy Spits now - E-Flite, Durafly, Flightline all look good. And my old Durafly Mk24 is a fantastic little flier which is still available and well worth a look.

Fliteline models are stocked by RC Castle in Hong Kong. I've ordered many models and accessories from RC Castle and their service is second to none . The price , even after shipping and import duty, works out about the same as if purchased from a dealer in this country

. Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 04/02/2017 18:08:16:

Mr. Colin , I hope it is this :

**LINK**

Thanks

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 04/02/2017 18:08:44

Hi Josip,

Yes that's the correct link. I'm currently flying the new 1500mm FMS P47. This was my Christmas present from my good lady. I ordered this from RC Castle and by the time shipping and vat were paid I think it was about £320 delivered to my door. It only took 8 days from order to delivery and 4 of those days were in customs awaiting clearance. I don't think the P47 is available in the UK yet and I notice that TJD models have it on pre order for £326.

• 2 months later...