Taranis update

trebor

I went back to version 2.1.6 but when I tried to copy flies through it would always want to update back to the latest v 2.1.9 so that's what I'm on. This missing folder ( scripts ) should have a program lua.21.opentx along with the wizard zip. I can find the (wizard) with (templates) on it but not quite sure with (mixes) and (functions). Not even sure how to copy them into a folder so that they would work.

Been looking at Opentx university frsky Taranis SD card, eeprom, and storage in the continuing education section.

OK it shouldn't be too hard from here.

If you can look around the contents of your uSD card, then you are quite correct there should be a folder called SCRIPTS.

Inside that needs to be a folder called WIZARD

Inside the WIZARD folder there needs to be around 32 files,. most of which are those little sketches of bits of a model.

So, these files are probably all wrapped up in wizard.zip. You need to "unzip" or "extract" that on your PC and then copy all 32 files into the SCRIPTS/WIZARD folder on the uSD card.

Special functions is the only place you can setup sounds, so yes on that score. I personally do not use the throttle kill option available on special functions though, as it's possible to setup a far superior "sticky" throttle cut using a couple of logical switches that means throttle is only activated if the throttle kill switch is disabled AND the throttle stick itself is at zero. Mike Shellim describes how to do a variant of this on his site. His article on the basics of OpenTX is also well worth a read

Edited By MattyB on 05/03/2017 19:10:51

I've just been setting up on the tx, once I get used to it I'll have a look at doing it through opentx program. That looks a bit complicated to me at the moment and logic switches not sure what they are yet laugh

Ps I just bookmarked that site for future reading yes

Edited By trebor on 05/03/2017 19:40:31

Posted by MattyB on 05/03/2017 19:10:16:

Special functions is the only place you can setup sounds, so yes on that score. I personally do not use the throttle kill option available on special functions though, as it's possible to setup a far superior "sticky" throttle cut using a couple of logical switches that means throttle is only activated if the throttle kill switch is disabled AND the throttle stick itself is at zero. Mike Shellim describes how to do a variant of this on his site. His article on the basics of OpenTX is also well worth a read

Edited By MattyB on 05/03/2017 19:10:51

There's a "How To" to set up a sticky throttle in the documentation reference I gave earlier.

• 3 months later...

Hello flight1

I had bought the X4R with the LBT upgrade to check out the Tx when I flashed the LBT firmware and all was well.

I have been using the ​build151118 firmware unless something has gone wrong with the unzipping and copying to the SD Card. I noticed that both the X4R and X8/6R file sizes were both the same, 64K if I remember correctly.