Hints and Tips Kitchen worktop saver

Mark Kettle 1

Worktop protector made from a large cardboard bike box.

I used two cardboard sheets thick as the worktop protector and to keep it in place I edged the sides underneath with some 30 mm wide x 4 strips on three sides to retain it on the end of the kitchen worktop.

Top protector size ended up as 1440 mm X 970mm and is 15 mm thick, should stop me scoring the worktop, when not in use I can store it in the shed / garage. 

20170307_092427.jpg

20170307_092356.jpg

20170307_092449.jpg

20170307_092452.jpg

20170307_092507.jpg

20170307_092521.jpg

20170307_132116.jpg

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 07/03/2017 13:25:12

Advert

thread should be named "hints and tip's marriage saver" .....brand new rhino flooring ...ended up with my trainer super glued to it...had to undo the shoe...cut it gently free and colour in the backing with the kid's felt tip pen's...... all while her indoors was out of course .......... kulou

ken Anderson...ne...1.... modelling disasters dept.

My near disaster was opening an e Bay parcel. The fool of a seller did not envisage that the largish super thin superglue bottles should have been individually packed.. And, getting a broken bottle out, over the dining room table, a magnificent surface, resulted in my best whippit, hoping for a treat, being under the stream of debris. Much hurrying later, I had superglue setting in the sink, which took months to remove.

But the whippit was in pain, so I dumped him in a load of washing up water across his back. When SWMBO walked in.

Took a long time to talk my way out. It was the onions hanging off his back what done me.

Me and that dog were best mates.

Edited By Donald Fry on 07/03/2017 19:54:48