Mavic or Phantom 4 standard

Steve_Wright

Torn between the 2, the P4S can be had for good money on ebay now, where as the Mavic is new so no deals. I don't need the P4P features (possible not the mavic ones either) But it is going to be used for website content for my orchard business.

Seems the Mavic will cost me about £200 more than a P4S, is it worth it?

Ta

Advert

I didn't consider the Mavic worth it and instead bought a P3 advanced. For me I don't need the anticollision sensors, gesture control or the portability. For ?500 I got a mint condition P3 in a case with three batteries and a charger. I'm still finding features I didn't think it had, follow me apparently, so for me I got a bargain at less than half the price of a Mavic. Of course it's horses for courses.

Interesting BEB, I wouldn't of concidered taking pictures of my orchard to be classed as commercial activity. Will investigate, at what point is it classed as commercial? A mate took some photos from his drone at the weekend, no payment given, now if I put them on my website does that make what he did commercial work? Does sticking some video up I took a few years ago with a go pro on my twinstar class as commercial?

Main pull point for the Mavic is its size for storage, the garage is too full of planks as it is.

• 4 weeks later...