Weekend 2-3 August

Well we should be enjoying some fine tranquil summer weather by now but alas the new found 'monsoon summer' seems to linger like an unwanted smell.

Still there's no rain planned for tonight so we're off to our site www.nlmfc.org for some fun. hopefully I'll maiden my blizzard and my mate Steve is planning to test his 'electrified' phantom, the OPS 61 is replaced with a large unlabelled electric motor and enough lipos to power a concept car.

Advert

Nice shots James, the Phantom looks good.

I got in a few quick flights yesterday and met up with buddy Dave Walters who was test flying his new bird model. It's an enlarged version of a Chris Golds design (I think he said) electric powered. It's still experiencing teething troubles but looked impressive non the less and a bit different.

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/15008/A_happy_man_and_his_bird.jpg

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/15008/in_flight.jpg

You missed a great all day session on the big rock today kev ! just got back after 5 hours non stop flying - a guy turned up with a lovely 9' span Pilatus B4 looked superb in the air - plus we had the usual mix of combat / hotliners / scale etc etc .... took 3 models m'self, flew em all, lift was fantastic - no rain - just sun and great SW wind !

well timbo aint that about right for me home alone(and grandson) . baby sitting,,,glad you all had a good day  on the rock would have loved to see the pilatus, with all that sun were you in your shorts that would have been worth coming there you say three you took what were they ? ive just come back from a quick sortie after my 1st day back in work   tried me little windrider again really pleased . ill be in touch kev