FrSky, DJT/X8R Binding problem

iawnski

Posted by iawnski on 07/06/2017 16:58:10:

you no what this is doing my head in ,is there anyone here or anywere I can send it off to get the tx updated ,as I have lost the will to live , grrrrr

It is comments like that which put me off FrSky and OpenTx software. Presumably it won't run on a Mac?

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 07/06/2017 17:40:48

Can I suggest looking at http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=119564 thread titled 'binding and updating ' February 2017. I was given a lot of help from Andy and Matty getting mine sorted including getting opentx working on my mac.

Graham

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 07/06/2017 17:40:06:
Posted by iawnski on 07/06/2017 16:58:10:

you no what this is doing my head in ,is there anyone here or anywere I can send it off to get the tx updated ,as I have lost the will to live , grrrrr

hi piers I love frsky never had a glitch or anything,its just me not very good with computers

It is comments like that which put me off FrSky and OpenTx software. Presumably it won't run on a Mac?

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 07/06/2017 17:40:48

Iawnski, as has already been pointed out, its all in the documentation referred to above. The firmware for the X8r hasn't changed since June 2015.

You also need to update the bootloader to 2.1.9, again described in the documentation.

TBH no in my case. This fix seems to be for interference generated within the plane by ignition systems where the Rx does not recover but locks out.

It is still beta firmware. No doubt as soon as FrSky is sure they've cured this problem they will release it as the latest version. I'm all electric, and not having had any problems prefer to wait until the final version.

Edited By Andy48 on 13/06/2017 14:40:21