' One Sheet ' - Dassault Dornier Alpha Jet is a light attack jet design as a PSS glider.

Mark Kettle 1

The Dassault - Dornier Alpha Jet is a light attack jet and advanced trainer aircraft co-manufactured by Dassault Aviation of France and Dornier Flugzeugwerke of Germany. Specifically to perform trainer and light attack roles and missions.

I'm hoping to make the model from one sheet of depron foam at 5 mm thick, the sheet measures 585 mm by 840 mm which in English means - 23" by 33" . It's took some planning to fit it all on the one sheet but I think I've 'mostly' done it - One Sheet -

Alpha Jet side profile

Above - Alpha Jet side fuselage 30" long, engine pod in grey.

Below pattern of the wing fold at 16.5" width so wing span is 33".

1/2 span wing pattern

Below Pattern layout includes :- two wing folds - fuselage side in a fold - fin - tail plane and nose cone lamination's.

Most of the patterns on one sheet

Pattern is on a sheet of paper to plan the layout, before committing to foam.

Only cardboard patterns Andy, depron cut out and glued together.

folded wing

finished foam model

under view

Alpha Jet

8 oz in weight, with where the wing is along the body it's almost in balance. Just needs rounding off and tidy up to put some curves in and needs a clear canopy.  

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 19/05/2017 12:15:21

Not quite made from one sheet of depron. I needed spars 2 x 30 mm tapering to 10 mm, material for top curve on fuselage canopy area at 35 mm wide and 30 mm underneath on the rear fuselage. The engine pods are from 10 mm wide depron. It's been fun to make, however I've not got time to fit the radio or decoration for the weekend PSSA event.

tip wing section seen

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 19/05/2017 12:27:31