M2 threads on piano wire

I have always used welding rod , the straight stuff you use when gas welding , also use the "brass" rod used for brazing ,

Heat up the ends, hammer them flat , drill small hole in flattened bit , cut 3 cms off Z bend it and thats one end of the closed loop , the other one you want adjustable ,

I have always used welding rod , the straight stuff you use when gas welding , also use the "brass" rod used for brazing ,

Heat up the ends, hammer them flat , drill small hole in flattened bit , cut 3 cms off Z bend it and thats one end of the closed loop , the other one you want adjustable ,

Look here //// http://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Strip-Shape/Wire/Item/Mild-steel-wire-2-0mm/ITM2170. Buy as long as you need here . BTW mods can't you change the code so we can click right on to read URL s directly .One of the boat forae did it recently it's so much better. PLEASE

Posted by onetenor on 07/06/2017 12:24:47:

Look here //// http://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Strip-Shape/Wire/Item/Mild-steel-wire-2-0mm/ITM2170. Buy as long as you need here . BTW mods can't you change the code so we can click right on to read URL s directly .One of the boat forae did it recently it's so much better. PLEASE

That's the same site that I linked to in my previous post cheeky, and as you pointed out (twice) the wire needs straightening!

One way of straightening the wire is to use an arc/mig welder. Clip one end of the wire in the tool end.The torch.the other into the earth clamp which is held in a vice. Pull on the wire and turn on the welder. The wire should glow red hot while you maintain the tension. Once it is red hot turn off the welder holding the wire straight until it cools. This also anneals the wire making it easier to die the thread onto it. Also various ways here ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsa6CeQW3I Also wire benders and straighteners on the site. Instructables may show more too.

Good luck John

Posted by Martin Harris on 07/06/2017 20:27:52:

Perhaps we should have a poll on that - I prefer to just hit the back arrow after following a link rather than opening (yet) another tab...

you obviously don't get carried away following further links on the page originally linked to wink