Rear exhaust 10cc

Mick Baker

I am currently restoring a Hanno Pretner Magic, having owned the fuselage for around 30 years I thought its about time it went into the air, my problem, it ideally needs a rear exhaust .61 engine, 30 years ago I couldnt afford one, now I can afford one I cant find one, can someone point me in the right direction, new or secondhand....

Advert

It all depends how deep your pockets are:

**LINK**

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Rossi-61-Rear-Exhaust-Model-Airplane-Engine-F3A-/162510827491?hash=item25d6666fe3:g:4qYAAOSwrhBZEt-b

There have evidently been a few rear exhaust Webras sold around the £40 to £60 mark on eBay in the UK.

If you save a search like this in eBay it will alert you to some that come up.

(ops,yamada,profi,rossi,hp,webra,hb,picco,super tiger,mvvs,rear exhaust,os,enya,weston) (60,61,10cc)

That was just a guess to be edited as necessary, I can't remember who did and didn't do a rear exhaust 61.

You can specify rear exhaust, but you will miss the sellers who don't mention it or put VF, RF or whatever.

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 09/06/2017 20:43:22

YS do a long stroke 61 rear exhaust if I remember correctly, Probild had some stock a few months back. They were built by popular (ie USA) request for exactly the purpose you want.

You can also order a Jett from the US .

Both engines are fully supported though Probild seem to take ages to get YS spares.

There may also be some italian built 61R super tigres around if you look hard, cheap as chips when compared to the YS and Jett.

Edited By Braddock, VC on 09/06/2017 21:27:20

I have a MVVS 61 & it really is a very nice engine....powerful & ticks over beautifully. Seems happier turning a larger prop at lower rpm than screaming away at a zillion rpm on a small prop. I use a 13x6 on mine. The cylinder can be rotated through 90 degrees to give a rear exhaust but MVVS say this can only be done on a new engine. Once the engine has been run the piston/liner will have "worn together" & rotating the cylinder will result in rapid wear as the piston/liner establish a new fit. Whilst undoubtedly true I wonder how much effect this would actually have...

Puffin Models used to sell them & there was a guy in The Netherlands at mvvs.nl but this seems to have disappeared also.

Maybe try contacting MVVS direct in Cezch republic if you fancy one.

I did also have an MVVS91 & whilst it was clearly a powerful engine it vibrated like a road drill......it actually hurt your hands to hold the model at full throttle.....so I swapped it for an ASP91....

Hi Mick

I have a OS 10cc RE engine you may be interested in which has had very little use, but its not a Hanno. I will have to dig it out of it's box and I can of course take a few 'photos as well if you are at all interested. I should have a pipe and manifold to match as well. It has not had a lot of use. I also have a very second version of the same which has a good bottom end (new bearings) but wants a piston and liner.

• 2 weeks later...

Novarossi 61 rears are available from Answer RC in the uk . Cracking engine for my Prettner Magic and a straight swap mounting wise for webra 61's. Includes on board mixture control too. Prices correc t April 2017

--------------------------------

Peter Edern - Answer RC Ltd [[email protected]]

Yes, certainly we can, special order from Novarossi – 7-21 day lead time, though that said they have been pretty quick on the last couple of orders.

NV-R61F Novarossi R61F .61 4 Port – Steel Bearings £139.90 Inc VAT

NV-R61F Speed/13 Novarossi R61F Speed/13 Steel Bearings £139.90 Inc VAT

Shipping would be £4.50 for orders below £300, above which they are carriage paid.