Wots Wot XL help required

Ron Gray

Advert

Hi Ron, there is a fuel tank platform built in behind the firewall. Best I can measure without dismantling my model is that this platform is about 60mm below the engine centre line. Access to this area is very limited - more info in this thread.

Area between this platform and the floor of the fuselage is about 40mm or so. Maybe someone with an unassembled model may be able to supply more accurate figures. I have a side mounted Saito 180. and had to raise the tank above the platform by a further 15-20mm to align with the carb centre.

HTH

David

• 7 months later...

Just started putting this Wots Wot XL together .The clevis that come with kit are awfully ,no way am I going to use them so I need to buy some decent clevis.No being the clearest builder out there I need to no what size I need to fit on the push rod provided I thought it would be easy the old clevis are 3mm but when I went to order some they come in M2 ,M3 etc I would think I need M3 clevis but be gratefully if someone could confirm what size I need for this Wots Wot XL before I order the wrong ones

Almost finished the Wots Wot XL .Just one more question .Am I right the bottom wing halves are not glued together ,they stay has two halves and are held on only by the wing bolts and wing lugs and metal wing spar.and there is no need to glue the two halves together ?