Alternative to Spektrum

ChrisB

Posted by Trevor Crook on 20/06/2017 12:34:55:

Bob, I thought that FrSky had receiver matching, but will it perform a matching check if you are using a DSM2/X module and a corresponding rx? I suspect it can't, as I believe the code to do it must be integral to the native transmitter. I seem to remember in the early days of 2.4, if you used a Spektrum module in a JR tx with a Spektrum rx, model match wouldn't work.

This wouldn't be a major issue for me as I would only use an FrSky tx with a Spektrum compatible module as a fallback option.

No Trevor, it only works with FrSky's own D16 protocol, ie not with any other brands.

Posted by Trevor Crook on 20/06/2017 12:34:55:

I thought that FrSky had receiver matching, but will it perform a matching check if you are using a DSM2/X module and a corresponding rx? I suspect it can't, . . .

Depends on the DSM module you use. If you use a "hack" module, or a Multi-protocol module (or an Orange module re-flashed to the Multi protocol), then the Model matching on DSM is supported by both ersky9x firmware and openTx firmware on FrSky transmitters.

If you use a module that uses a PPM signal, then it won't support model matching.

Note that you may use FrSky transmitters with ersky9x firmware which offers, in my opinion, an easier to follow user interface.

Mike.

I'll just fly the JR flag.Marmite stuff. However I've never, ever had any glitch with mine. model match... no problem. XG8 can be picked up quite cheap S/H..

Plus only one type of receiver.. no hardware mismatch.  Pretty much any of the systems nowadays with binding (i.e. rely in data transmission) will model match.

Edited By Stevo on 20/06/2017 20:22:59