Lidl XL glider conversions - Having fun with a £7.99 Lidl Glider converted to Radio Control

Advert

• 8 months later...

This person - Bavarian RC - had a visit from a 'fairy' and made this from a Lidl glider.

Stating in the video note's,

'The shape of the LIDL glider wasn't too far away, but certainly it would need some modifications... so there I had my challenge, to build an A-10 Warthog from a LIDL chuck glider'.

Video notes:-
Flight video of the Lidl A-10 Warthog, having modified so many things compared to the original Lidl glider made me quite nervous before the maiden flight. Nevertheless the CG was just about right and my A-10 only needed some trimming. Flying the A-10 is not really a relaxing experience, but definitely a lot of fun!

A good conversion I think.

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 22/05/2019 19:52:55

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flew my Lidl conversion again today.Complete1

Intended to be a 'power assisted' glider rather than a power plane the conversion concentrates of weight reduction and aerodynamic improvement.

Depron extensions added to eliminate the thick trailing edge so adding to the wing area to part compensate for the extra weight of the RC conversion. The fin had the same treatment (bank and yank so no rudder) and the elevator achieved the result.

Elevator1

The tiny 3.7 g aileron servo are buried in the wing. The elevator servo is buried in the fuselage with external pull/pull cables to the elevator horn.

Eleservo1

A small 50W motor driving a 5x3, a 10 A ESC, 4 channel micro rx and an 850 mAh 2s completes the hardware.

Complete ready to go it weighs 225 g. No registration?

Needs a folding prop to release its full glide performance.

• 10 months later...