Spektrum RX aerials

William Dunlop

Hi,

Is it possible to have the antennae on Spektrum Rx's reattached and is there somewhere that you can get it done?

I have 2 which have broken where they exit the case.

I see in old posts that people use heatshrink or glue to strengthen them and I shall do this with the other Rx's.

All help appreciated.

Advert

I discovered a while back that the antennae can be beefed up. I have some spare 0.8mm MiG welder sleeve. Its the nylon tube that the weld wire is fed through. I cut this slightly longer than the thin antenna, push it over the top and tape it to the Rx case. The thicker plastic antenna grommet is a tightish fit. Keeps the antenna straight and protects it. Never had any range issues in over 200 hours flying with six and seven channel Rx. I do the same to the satellite RX too.

Now all I need is a modificaton to reduce pilot error.............

Posted by William Dunlop on 06/07/2017 21:15:39:

Thanks all for the replies. I think I will try to solder it myself and then use it in a boat. Mode sailing yachts, 4 mph on a good day and as our local pond is only 18" deep no great harm can happen. Probably best not in a half decent plane!

Exactly, it depends on the receiver and the aircraft. A light foamy is one thing, but a 60cc, 30lbs warbird is another.