Sound system speaker interference?

Has anyone installed and used the bang-good speakers? I've installed them on two planes and I'm getting interference with the ailerons on both? As soon as the speakers start the ailerons basically become sluggish and movement is reduced to only about 20% with the port aileron going up and the starboard going down. Strangely this is identical on both set ups and doesn't affect any of the other functions. I can't get the RX and speaker set up any further from each other being at least a foot apart! Doing my head in, cos it sounds brill and would be a shame not to use it.

Sounds like the aileron servos (&/or their extension leads) are picking up EMI spikes from the speakers &/or their leads. You could try shielding one or both sets of leads with metal braiding &/or using ferrite rings. But that's treating the symptoms, not the cause.

Edited By John Lee on 19/07/2017 21:45:59

Thanks for the feedback guys, I decided to reverse engineer and disconnected the speaker system. Guess what? It was the Transmitter! I only went 2.4ghz last year and pretty much bought a level entry TX, turns out the TGY-ia10 suffers with one gimble movement interfering with with another. In my case when I throttled up the ailerons activated. I took the back off, tightened the gimble up (they were very slack) tugged at a few wires and it worked!!! The only problem, I put it back to factory reset so guess I'm gonna be busy recalibrating and binding all my models. Thanks again

John

An alternative solution is to fit a thing called an i.c. engine to the front of your plane. This has the advantage of providing power and noise all in one package with little opportunity for interference with the radio system. Oh, and it also provides something of smoke machine at the same time. (And, I love the smell of glow fuel in the morning!)

Posted by John Stainforth on 21/07/2017 13:20:14:

An alternative solution is to fit a thing called an i.c. engine to the front of your plane. This has the advantage of providing power and noise all in one package with little opportunity for interference with the radio system. Oh, and it also provides something of smoke machine at the same time. (And, I love the smell of glow fuel in the morning!)

thumbs up Hehe devil.

Oops, we'd better not start that again!