Great planes Cap 21

Tom Thomas

image.jpegi bought this on eBay, it's an original 30 year old kit.

The fuselage and tail feathers were mostly finished by the original owner, I just had to affix them.

The wing is entirely built by me.

I'm not keeping it as my flying skills are not up to the job, I have heard it snap rolls if stalled, recommended flying speed in the instructions say between 60 - 90 mph.

I bought it to further my building skills, the spats are there but it's a nightmare to try to join them properly.

I understand some people don't bother with them as they foul the grass.

Enjoyed finishing it, so I figured I'd pop a few photos up for those who may have had one back in the day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Advert

Well done Tom, Looks really nice, and another unfinished model saved from the bin and transformed into a nice airworthy plane for someone. I have a little Pat French Cap 21 with an OS 48FS... lovely looking model, but can be a little Swine coming in... flicks and snaps like a good un though, so I quite like nasty little agile planes, but that is just my taste...

Well its just the final bits that need doing now, hinges glued, engine of the next owners choice fitting, and servos.

I've left the bottom of the fuselage open so that it eases the fitting.

Nice feeling to bring such an old model to life, but those spats! I got quite frustrated trying to get a good fit with them so I gave up!.

Well, another one completed, next! smile

• 3 weeks later...