Uniflow fuel tank configuration

Ron Gray

Having spent the last couple of years flying leccy and gas powered 'planes I have decided to try my hand at glow power (going back to my roots of some 40 years ago).

I've recently read about the uniflow setup for fuel tanks and was wondering what the consensus was about this amongst the learned brethren?

Advert

Ron, like Nigel says, there is absolutely no need for the uniflow set up unless you have some unique installation, like a heli, and even then, a standard tank does the job

Just keep it simple, sealed, and near correct height, and be aware the clunk can rotate from its position at the bottom of the tank, and it is not wedged against the rear tank wall

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll probably setup a 3 pipe tank then if I want to try the uniflow later I can do. I must admit that I can see the advantage of removing the mass of the fuel from the pressure equation plus the reduction in risk of fuel siphoning but, as you guys have pointed out, a correctly positioned tank should suffice.