Low wing trainer kit

Stevo

Advert

I had as look on DB Sport and Scale's web site to see if anything they did was suitable for you and see that they are kitting the Gringo again. I remember building one some years ago and had a look to see how different the new one is. Imagine my surprise at seeing a photo of me with my Gringo as an example of how beautiful they are! It's quite old as I'm holding my 35Mhz Futaba FF7 Super and wearing the very unfaded cap I bought when I had a glider flight in New Zealand when we cycle-toured there in 1999 - so summer 2000 is my guess (the cap is almost one colour now - I wore it yesterday!)

The Gringo is a possibility but it isn't super easy to fly and I crashed mine. I was having confidence problems at the time anyway so it was probably just nervous finger trouble. Mine was powered with an Irvine Q40 IIRC which was more than adequate.

Geoff

PS On closer inspection (after overcoming the shock of being a DB S&S star!) I see the model has been quite extensively redesigned with a built up wing (mine was foam) and changes to fuselage construction.  If it has the same fibre glass cowl it really will be a winner as it always was very attractive.  Worth a look?

Gringo

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 14/08/2017 21:50:11

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 14/08/2017 21:18:03:

I had as look on DB Sport and Scale's web site to see if anything they did was suitable for you and see that they are kitting the Gringo again. I remember building one some years ago and had a look to see how different the new one is. Imagine my surprise at seeing a photo of me with my Gringo as an example of how beautiful they are! It's quite old as I'm holding my 35Mhz Futaba FF7 Super and wearing the very unfaded cap I bought when I had a glider flight in New Zealand when we cycle-toured there in 1999 - so summer 2000 is my guess (the cap is almost one colour now - I wore it yesterday!)

The Gringo is a possibility but it isn't super easy to fly and I crashed mine. I was having confidence problems at the time anyway so it was probably just nervous finger trouble. Mine was powered with an Irvine Q40 IIRC which was more than adequate.

Geoff

PS On closer inspection (after overcoming the shock of being a DB S&S star!) I see the model has been quite extensively redesigned with a built up wing (mine was foam) and changes to fuselage construction. If it has the same fibre glass cowl it really will be a winner as it always was very attractive. Worth a look?

Gringo

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 14/08/2017 21:50:11

Geoff you will need to get the new kit and build one. Then you can recreate the same photo (with the same hat) laugh