Laser 180/200v will it fit

Owdlad

Advert

Our 180 single will fit and is the engine I have in mind for mine when I eventually get round to building it. None of the V twins will fit as the cowl is pretty narrow.

If you use our 180 remember to keep an eye on the weight of the model and try not to exceed 18lbs with 17 being better if you can do it.

Tom, the past year has been really pants there is no question. We have not been able to provide a satisfactory service and availability has been beyond hopeless. While there are many valid reasons for it the fact remains that from a customers perspective it has been too slow. That said i have now satisfied all the V orders i received this year so i dont know why you missed out.

We have overcome the material issue we encountered on the large engine piston ring so that is sorted, we are now restructuring to only sell from stock and once the historic back orders are clear i will be building stock for the website. I am doing this now as we will be closing in about 8 weeks for up to 2 months while we move the factory and i wanted all back orders cleared before we move. This gives us a clean slate for next year where i hope i can keep everything available all of the time.

Piers, i have not built any more but i am pretty certain the design is final now. I am intending to build a batch of pre production engines very soon and would like production engines to follow in time for the spring. There is a video of the prototype engine doing its thing in my Stampe on the Laser thread if you have not seen it already.

I meant to add the link to the Laser multi cylinder engine page here including the 200v. Sorry Tom I did not know you were unable to get one. Lets hope it will be full speed ahead once Jon has made the move.

Yes, that is a very impressive video of the Stamp Jon, should be enough for my 9ft span World Models Piper Pawnee Pa 25 when it eventually gets put together.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 26/09/2017 11:16:58

Many thanks for the much valued information it is most appreciated.

Predominantly I'm an engine man and love laser engines. I have always wanted to own a multi cylinder 4 stroke, but its no good owning sutch a magnificent engine if you're not going to use it. This is where my choice of model comes into the equation.....Its got to be a Spit. Jon thanks for the advice but my mind is made up its a 180/200v and a DB spit. I will conact you shortly and place an order

Happy landings

Hi Owdlad

Sadly I cant actually take an order for a 180 or 200 at the moment as I don't have any in stock and no longer take back orders for the reasons previously mentioned. Its also taking longer than I expected to get through the last of the current back orders and we have lost 2 weeks waiting for one of the few parts we don't make to come in from a supplier.

Give me a call tomorrow though as there are a bunch of things to discuss with the installation and all the rest of it

I've got a big home-made Spit with a Laser 180 single in it. It's 88" ish, so similar to the DB. I was going to put my 240V in it, but cooling and carb access would have been tricky, so I went for the 180 Single instead which is bombproof.

It's mounted inverted, and a hole in the cowl beneath it cools it perfectly. A 'long' Laser exhaust pokes nicely out of the cowl as you can see below. A long inverted run leaves a glorious smoke trail.

It works beautifully, excellent match and sooooo much nicer than a petrol 2 Stroke. I built it as lightly as I could, and it came out at 19lbs including 12oz of nose ballast. That's really the upper AUW limit for acceptable performance as Jon says. Really keep it light as light as possible.