Help with dihedral

I am building the wings on a kit and the manual says to "angle root ribs slightly to set dihedral" . No template is supplied OR drawn on the plan.

On the wing drawing there is a "raise here 10mm" note. This is 26 inches from the root rib. I drew a straight line of 26 inches then raise the end point the 10mm and with a protractor It looks to be 1.5 deg of the 90.

Have I done this correct? don't want to just guess the roor ribs would like to set them right. Any help advice please?

As other say, it won't make any difference. That amount of dihedral is simply to prevent the wing looking as though it is sagging.

However I have just drawn it out on my drawing board and measured it with my very large protractor and I can tell you that it is exactly 1 degree.

I have designed quite a few models with no dihedral and you can't really tell the difference

Peggy Sue 1 and 2 are great aerobatic models and rock steady in flight.Based on the full size Monocoupes

peggy sue flt 026.jpg

jez flt_8.jpg

Jezebel is another with no dihedral, again no problems

Edited By Peter Miller on 08/10/2017 08:16:55

If the stated dihedral angle is 10mm at 26 inches the thing has got ailerons.

I am currently building a "Little Ship" .44" span, 22" semispan (Obvious I know) and no ailerons and that has 2 1/2" under each tip 

Edited By Peter Miller on 08/10/2017 13:07:21

Edited By Peter Miller on 08/10/2017 13:08:01