September Special Issue

Stevo

• 5 weeks later...

Just checked the HK site and the 70mm Hawk is still listed.I have one of these they sell for approx. £35 pounds thats just for the airframe, mine is red arrows scheme covered in red iron on film, you have to be careful with the heat as it draws out the individual foam beads but the polished finish more than makes up for this, its got a Chain Sun 10 blade fan on 4 s , 80 amp speedo, and 3750 4s battery, bungy launched, the sound is unbelavable, true jet sound and almost silent on slow passes, one of the best EDF planes i have, I built one of Tonys smaller Hawks 2 years ago, I built it as light as possible, swapping thicker wood for thinner , lightening holes where poss. and it still turned out heavy, Tony, said a wing loading of approx 35 oz. / sq. ft. It flew like a brick ,as I have stated before if you do build one of his new larger Hawks, go for light build, no retracts, 6 s , bungy launch and hope. You would be surprised how much power is drawn from batteries dragging a wheeled ducted fan plane off the ground ! or better still save a load of cash and go for a hobby king job.