Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

It's OK when I'm doing the graphics for other people but when it's for yourself it tough to pick one, it's got to be an ace but the Germans had so many of them with the Russian campaign. It will have 3D printed exhaust as I have the file for the Macchi which had the same exhaust.

Advert

That red mark is your own blood?

Its great that you are making it your own and putting a little bit of yourself into the build,

but if I see a pound of liver on that mat , I'll know you've gone too far .

Still , I suppose with a nice glass of Chianti......?

(second thoughts , I dont think your liver can handle any more alcohol, in or out of your body )

Now for the sad part, I Photoshop'd out the worst of the blood but missed that bit. I'm a bit ham fisted with my hands and combined with a razor saw it's an accident just waiting to happen. Since I was brave about it, I awarded myself a plaster with pictures of minions on it.

Edited By Glynn on 13/01/2020 00:49:10

The Master is still working his magic. He said to me " Ah grasshopper I will show you a way to stop hurting yourself " and with that he ground all the teeth off my razor saw. It will take me longer to cut wood but keep all my fingers. I'm now working on the tail mount, waiting for the glue to go off. Richard has been working hard trying to keep the "Boys" out of trouble and not on a special register. Those two would give the SAS a good run for their money.

Edited By Glynn on 15/01/2020 23:31:50

Nice exhaust stacks!

Glynn, I think its always good to carry a little of your DNA on board. Its a permanent reminder of the blood, sweat and consumption of Haribo's that you put into the build.

Mine is all primed and ready to be sprayed when I can decide what scheme to use.

Slots and supports fitted before covering, I have read this blog, it's my manual. I may have the pre prototype kit but I have the forum. I had to make the rudder it's self as it went missing, so the inside is made for the hinges to be in the correct places. (that's the theory)

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul, not sure whether I’ve asked you before. The paint you used on the 109. Is it emulsion as recommended by Richard. If so, are they std colours or did you get them matched some how to represent RLM74,75 and 76.

I have looked at fighteraces epoxy paint. Only sold in 1/2 pint tins @ nearly £20 per tin.

Any help would be appreciated as usual

regards

• 4 weeks later...

fuz1.jpgfuz2.jpgfuz3.jpgGot quite a lot done due to being trapped indoors, I have done the top hatch and cowl+Motor. Still got lots of sanding to do and some more filling, Wings need to be finished as my 85 degree retracts have now arrived. My wings had hand cut openings for the gear being the pre-prototype so when we are allowed out again on parole Richard is going to help set the retracts correctly. Anyway here are some pics.

tail1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...