Dremel tools

DaveyP

I use the mains dremmel a lot it’s fantastic with flex shaft and find it very precise. Definitely buy a chuck. The spiral drill bit is amazing for cutting cowling. I also use the excellent perma grit tools on it . I have various hooks to hang it with flex shaft over my work areas. I have the right angle drive too . It’s rarely necessary or used, but sometimes essential. Great tool

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 23/10/2017 06:40:41

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 23/10/2017 06:41:09

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 23/10/2017 06:42:50

Advert

Sorry to pour cold water on the Dremel love in. I bought a mains powered one 3000 IRC from the Dremel stand at a major tool show, it came with a range of accessories at a good price. BUT it vibrated quite badly, but not enough to warrant returning it. This was five years ago. It failed after three years. I sourced with great difficulty replacement switch and brushes, but the fault was the main commutator, very expensive. So I dug out my very old B&D version of the tool and discovered that all the Dremel accessories fitted and it didn't vibrate. I will say all the accessories are well made and work well.

They are very very forgiving SWIMBO fed mine down a blocked drain on the end of the flexi drive. It cleared the nasties out fine and is still functioning perfectly;; She'se even got her own toolkit..a stiletto shoe for hammering nails in, a kitchen knife for screws, and a pair of scissors to drill holes

ernie

Posted by Martin Dance 1 on 23/10/2017 07:45:06:

Sorry to pour cold water on the Dremel love in. I bought a mains powered one 3000 IRC from the Dremel stand at a major tool show, it came with a range of accessories at a good price. BUT it vibrated quite badly, but not enough to warrant returning it. This was five years ago. It failed after three years. I sourced with great difficulty replacement switch and brushes, but the fault was the main commutator, very expensive. So I dug out my very old B&D version of the tool and discovered that all the Dremel accessories fitted and it didn't vibrate. I will say all the accessories are well made and work well.

Mine failed just after 1 year warranty. Replaced with a Maplin version **LINK**

They do not appear to like dust very much. Suspect it gets into the commutators