What Servos?

Stevo

For my Stuka?

Savox is my choice, I have the following choices, all rated at 6V, fed from a 2C LiFe battery, all metal geared:-

• 0254 7.2kg
  • 0253 6.0kg
  • 0252 10.5kg
  • 0251 16kg

Obviously I'm really not fussed with speed on a lumbering warbrid. Requirements are for...

• One servo feeding both ailerons
  • One servo feeding both flaps
  • One servo feeding rudder and tail wheel
  • One servo feeding elevator
  • One servo feeding throttle

Aircraft is almost 2M span with Saito 100.

My feelings are the 16kg versions for Flaps and ailerons, 10kg for elevator & rudder and obviously the lighter one for throtte.

... or am I over cooking it?

Advert

Not sure which require more torque, my strongest tends to be put on rudder/elevator, ailerons get a servo each, i use hi torque/speed servos anyway so maybe not the best to ask, Overkill ? some might say so, never lost a model because of it though, servo each or 1 driving two ? depends on ease of doing it and weight it'll add, and eliminating slop.

3kg 148's for everything. It was designed with less in mind and would be fine. I flew my 70'' P40 and my old Galxy models mustang on 148's and never had any issues.

That said, for peace of mind something with a shade more muscle might not be the end of the world but i dont even use more than 10kg on my 80'' 300-360v powered fighters. The most i use is about 8 or 10 on flaps as they are like barn doors deflected at a great angle against the airflow. Elevator gets 6-8, ailerons 5-6 and rudder gets about 3.5-4.5.

You would be fine with 5kg servos all round. The list you have there is great, but is on par with the list of servos used in a 1/4 scale over 20kg sptifire project i was involved with, and they were considered overkill in that model too. I think you should save your pennies and save them for another project

Edited By Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 22/10/2017 19:41:11