Online shopping

MATT SMITH

Hi All,

I’m looking to return to the hobby after about 20 years out and build my sophisticated lady kit that has sat untouched in the garage for that time! My question is, what is the best online shop for all things rc? I live in Bedford, and any shops I used to use have since closed. I’m going to get my old telemaster 66 ready to teach my lad(an myself again) as this is what I learned to fly on about 33 years ago!

Cheers

Matt

Advert

Also, I need to construct a building board. All info I’ve found on this are from the states using products I’ve never heard of. Any info on materials to make a nice flat, cheap board that can be moved from garage to dining room easily much appreciated. Got a wicks, b&q, Homebase nearby!

Many thanks Chris,

I’ve just found I’ve asked the same question before on here, years ago! Must be the dementia!

Do the tiles stay flat? And what do you stick them down with? I’ve some great double sided tape!

Another problem is radio gear. Would be good to change my F.C.-28 for 2.4ghz. But don’t want to spend more than necessary.

It would need model memories and a trainer switch so I can teach my son how to fly

Hi Matt and welcome back to the fold! As for on-line suppliers, an easy way to start is simply to put what you need into an Ebay search and see what comes up. There are hundreds of sellers, both small operations and the well known model shops supplying R/C bits and pieces via their Ebay shops and you can check their feedback scores to see who performs best / gives best postal rates etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by MATT SMITH on 28/10/2017 09:07:27:

Also, I need to construct a building board. All info I’ve found on this are from the states using products I’ve never heard of. Any info on materials to make a nice flat, cheap board that can be moved from garage to dining room easily much appreciated. Got a wicks, b&q, Homebase nearby!

Matt, I'm still a beginner though I've now built a couple of trad design planes, and I find the best building surface is thick kitchen worktop (30-40mm?) - stable, resistant to warping - with plasterboard screwed on top. If it needs to be portable, cut the worktop to a size just big enough for your needs so it isn't too heavy. At one location I have a DIY workbench topped with a big slab of this worktop; at another, I use a portable piece of worktop. They work well for me.

I find some sorts of plasterboard [esp French "placo"] surprisingly tough to push pins into, so test different types perhaps.

rgds Tony

Edited By Tony Harrison 2 on 09/11/2017 17:53:56