EDF and different ESC

Rocker

I have two Durafly Vampires .The first one fly great ,takes off and has ample power .The 2nd one has no EDF in it so I took the EDF out of the first one and put the EDF in the 2 one but it struggles to take of and is well down on power .This is the same EDF that powers the first one.Strange same engine.Could it be the ESC in the 2 Vampire is not up to it ,It is the only thing I can think that would make the same engine run with less power .I do not want to take the ESC out of the first one .I know everyone will say well leave it in the first Vampire but I am interested to know why it will not power the 2 Vampire. Is the ESC the problem here I will be interested to find out. I hope you understand all that sad

Advert

If it's not giving full power have a go at setting the END POINTS in the ESC. Typically this involves powering up at full throttle position (restrain your plane and remove props if applicable) and waiting a few seconds for some audible signal then lower throttle to minimum setting awaiting more confirmatory beeps then you're done.

Worth a try as it can do no harm and is very quick. Do check your own ESC manual or look online for other ESC settings to experiment with but usually the defaults are okay.

As stated above, it is most likely the end point adjustments, can you open the throttle more if you move the trim? Also just check all the connections are good as you may have a dry joint that has only become an issue after the 'open surgery' EDF transplant! To ask a silly question, the fan is not touching the shroud at all is it? Some of them are slightly flexible and can be distorted when glueing in place. Just my 2p worth, hope you get it sorted.