Yet another forum Newbie

alex nicol

Having been an aero modeller for more years than I care to remember, I had a slight 12 year lay off from the hobby and can't believe just how much it has changed. Also the amount of kits that have disappeared. My normal weapon of choice is the Irvine 53 and even that's gone to. Does anybody else feel the same

Advert

Hi Alex,

welcome on board.

Yes, things have most certianly changed! While not all of the changes have been for the better I do think that, to be fair, most of them have been. For example we have never before been able to buy such high level technology that is so reliable for so little money. A modern high performance Tx costs far less in terms of average eanings than was the case 20 years ago.

Also, in my view, kit quality, both to build and ARTF, has massively improved in quality over the last 20 years.The days of kits that look like they have been cut with blunt dies from orange crates seem to be behind us!

All that can't be bad!

BEB

I've got a couple of ASP's 46 & a 180 fs and they both perform well. There's just something about the Irvine. Stick the model (Maricardo) on the bench, Prime it make sure it's wet and you get the bump, flick the spinner backwards and it starts first time, everytime......not to mention the needle hasn't been touched for as long as I can remember.